Fair Usage Policy
Support Services and Fair Usage Policy
1.1 Grapple IT Pty Ltd. (“Grapple IT”) encourages customers to take full advantage of our excellent Support Services team. Grapple IT strives to make sure all of our customers get the best out of the software and assists them in doing so in every way Grapple IT ’s team reasonably can.
1.2 Please refer to our Customer Service Policy to read about Customer Support Standards and response times.
2. Inclusive Support Services
2.1 Grapple IT Support Services can be accessed via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 021 919 1879 during normal business hours 08:00-20:00 Monday – Friday and 08:00-17:00 Saturdys (excluding Public Holidays).
2.2 Inclusive Support Services are provided by the Grapple IT Support Services Team to its Authorized Users free of charge.
2.3 The Support Services Team may be assisted by other teams, including Training and Customer Success, as deemed appropriate by Grapple IT, to deliver Inclusive Support Services.
2.4 Inclusive Support Services are defined as support for technical issues relating to the use of Grapple IT software, hardware and services. This can be defined as including:
- Technical queries and advice
- Processing service requests
- Processing hardware orders
- Product configuration advice
2.5 Access to Inclusive Support Services is restricted to reasonable and fair usage as defined in section 3 of this policy.
2.6 The Customer is responsible for any costs relating to network charges for calls to the Grapple IT Support Line or mobile data usage.
2.7 Any services expressly excluded or omitted from Inclusive Support Services are not included within the licence fee. These services may be available from the Support Services team but will be chargeable. Grapple IT reserves the right to limit access to these services. Availability of non-inclusive Support Services may change from time to time.
3. Fair Usage of Unlimited Remote Support
3.1 Grapple IT’s operates under a Fair Usage Policy of Inclusive Support Services to ensure that customers are receiving fair and equal quality support from our team.
3.2 Support Services or Customer Success advice and assistance cannot be used in lieu of Grapple IT training or development work. Doing so prevents our Support Services Team from providing vital support to other customers.
3.3 Where a Customer query is identified as a request for a non-inclusive support service, the Customer will be quoted for the service in line with Grapple IT’s then current prices.
3.4 Unless agreed otherwise between Grapple IT and the Customer, the following services are considered non-inclusive services:
- Project management
- Database amendments or deletion
- Out of hours support
- Any other services outside the definition of Inclusive Support Services
3.5 Grapple IT reserves the right at our Sole discretion to terminate the service of a customer if the fair usage policy is constantly abused and/or violated by the customer.
4. Services Training
4.1 Where a customer query is identified as a training need, as opposed to an inclusive support services need, this is considered to be unfair usage and will be referred to the Training Team:
- A training need is defined as any query which requires explanation of how to use the software beyond what can reasonably be considered a clarification, suggestion or reminder; or
- Any query that will require phone or online support of over 15 minutes to explain, which is not a technical fault or forms part of a wider troubleshooting query which requires the Support Services Team’s technical help or guidance is also considered a training need.
4.2 Call times and Customer Support tickets are monitored. Heavy volume customers may be referred to the Customer Success Team to review usage and training needs.
5. Fair Use Backup Manager
5.1 Fair Use Limits – Selected Size
Selected Size is equal to the amount of data on the protected computer.
- Each server license adds 500GB Selected Size to the included usage
- Each workstation license adds 100GB Selected Size to the included usage
- Included usage is pooled across protected server/workstation data sources only
5.2 Fair Use Limits – Used Storage
Used Storage is equal to the amount of data on the remote storage after deduplication, with all available retention and archive restore points.
- Each server license adds 1000GB Used Storage to the available usage
- Each workstation license adds 200GB Used Storage to the available usage
- Available usage is pooled across protected server/workstation data sources only
6. Fair Use Backup for Microsoft 365
Fair Use Limits — Selected Size
Selected Size is equal to the amount of protected data on the Microsoft 365 domain.
- Backup for Microsoft 365 is licensed per unique user, whether that license is being used to protect an Exchange™ mailbox, a OneDrive® account, a SharePoint site, or any combination of these three.
- Each user license adds 1 TB to the included usage pool
- Available usage is pooled within a protected Microsoft 365® tenant only, and this is a separate pool from server, workstation or documents available storage
Additional usage above the fair use limits will be automatically invoiced at the rate established by SolarWinds MSP.
Fair use policy is subject to change without prior notice.